The YouTube is one of the most popular search engines and the top video search engine in the world. Name the topic, and you’ll find tons of videos available on the YouTube. The YouTube is the best resource for someone who is in desperate need of Entertainment or Education. But, sometimes, the people face the weird issue of Youtube videos not playing. The YouTube is not a premium service which will remove the feature of video playing on non-payment of the subscription fees.
So, if you are facing the YouTube videos not playing issue on your computer or even on the Smartphone app, then it’s some serious problem. I suffered the same issue a few days ago and found some impressive tricks, or say methods that’ll help you to fix the problem within minutes. Follow these methods and fix the YouTube not playing videos problem on your Computer.
Why YouTube Videos Not Playing on My Computer?
The YouTube works on the Web Browser of your choice. The web browsers are responsible for the buffering and decoding the videos, so you are able to stream them on your screen. But, if there are some issues with the browser, like core files are corrupted, or the version you are using the outdated, then you’ll face this issue.
Another common issue is the Internet Connection. If you are using a Cellular Network for streaming videos, which is happened to be the weakest network, then you may face the issue of YouTube videos not Playing. These are the few reasons behind the YouTube videos not loading error on your browser.
How to Fix YouTube Videos Not Playing Problem?
The YouTube Videos not Loading issue is pretty easy to resolve. Just follow simple methods, and you’re done. Here are some of the best ways to fix this problem within a few minutes.
Method 1: Clear Cache and Cookies Data
The Google Chrome is a favorite web browser used by millions of internet users. If you are using the Google Chrome Browser, then clearing the Cache and Cookies data will help you play YouTube videos. In this method, we are referring to the Google Chrome Browser. Even if you are not using Google Chrome and using another browser like Mozilla Firefox, then the methods are almost the same for every browser with a little bit different
- First of all, open the Chrome. Click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the Address bar.
- In the options, hover on “More Tools” and then click on “Clear Browsing Data”. Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl + Shift + Del” key combination on the keyboard.
- Ensure to check “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Cached images and files” options and then click on “Clear Browsing Data”. Depending on the size, the process will take a few moments.
- After completion, restart the Chrome Browser and you are good to use YouTube again.
Method 2: Reset Internet Connection Settings
If the issue is not with the Web browser, then it’s definitely the Internet connection. In this method, we are restoring the default Internet connection settings to fix this problem.
- First of all, open the Control Panel from the Start Menu. in the Control panel, search for “Internet Option” and click on it.
- In the Internet options, Switch to the “Advanced” tab and then click on “Restore Advanced Settings” and the “Reset” buttons. This will reset all of the changes done by you to the Internet connection.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes. After saving the changes, disconnect the Internet for a while and then reconnect to see if the issue arises or not.
Method 3: Change Default DNS
The DNS or the Domain Name Servers is the system or technology which translates the text URLs to the IP address that machines can understand. The Domain Name servers are responsible for loading any website on your computer. If the DNS of your Internet Service Provider is down or faulty most of the times, then you may face the YouTube not playing videos error. In this method, we are changing the Default DNS to Google DNS.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu. in the Control Panel, click on “Network and Sharing Center” to open it.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click on “Change Adapter Settings” option from the left-pane.
- You’ll see all your connected Internet connections. Right-click on the active network connection that you are using and click on “Properties”.
- Now, click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option and click on “Properties” button.
- Click on the checkbox which says “Use the following DNS server addresses” and enter the following DNS details in the Box and click “Apply” to save the changes.
- After completion of all the steps, restart your Router or disconnect from your Internet connection and reconnect after a few moments.
Also Read: Fix Microphone Not Working in Windows 10 Issue
Method 4 – Change Internet Service Providers
If any of the methods mentioned above are not working for you, then you should call your internet service provider immediately and ask him to stop providing services. Most of the times, the weak Internet Connectivity is the main issue behind YouTube not playing videos error. So, changing the ISP is the smartest decision you can take.
If you have no option of other ISPs, then you can upgrade your internet subscription plan for better internet speed. There is no other way if any of the methods mentioned above are not working for you.
That’s it! It’s a weird issue that YouTube Videos Not playing on your computer. But, as this is a common issue faced by most of the people once in a while, the solutions are simple to follow and won’t take more than a minute. With these methods, you can quickly fix the YouTube videos are not playing on Computer. I hope you’ll follow these methods and fix this problem on your computer and help others who are facing the same problem.