When you are using the computer for some critical work and suddenly notice the reduced performance of the computers. I have experienced it many times since I started using the Windows computer. What could be the reason behind this issue? There are many issues behind this problem, which we can find out by opening the Task Manager. In the Task Manager, you’ll see the service or program consuming the high CPU or Disk resources causing the sluggishness in performance. The most common reason is the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation.
The Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU usage is one of the most common problems that people face in their Windows computers. When you see this issue in the Task Manager for the first time, it’s quite apparent to panic a bit. There is no need to panic as there are some working methods and solutions to fix the problem permanently. In this post, we are going to share some working solutions to get rid of Windows audio Graph Isolation CPU usage error.
What is Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation?
The windows audio graph isolation is the component of Microsoft’s Audio Engine embedded in the Windows Operating System. The Core Engine operates the entire Sound drivers, inputs and outputs on the operating system. The Audio Device Graph Isolation service or component handles the same task. It’s abnormal for this service to consume high CPU resources and reduce the system performance.
There are two main reasons behind the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU error. The first one is that the component is infected with the Virus program or the Component is corrupted. No other reason justifies this error.
How to Fix Windows Audio Graph Isolation High CPU Issue?
Hmm! It’s necessary to get rid of this error as it’s rendering your PC almost unusable due to the high CPU resource consumption. Stopping the service from accessing the CPU resources seems the viable option here. Check out these working solutions to permanently get rid of the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Windows 10 error.
Method 1: Disable Sound Effects
The Audio Device Graph service handles the Sound effects and the driver insertion by the developers. If the issue is with the Sound effects, then you should disable the same to see if this fixes the problem or not.
- First of all, right-click on the “Speaker” icon on your taskbar and select the option “Playback Devices”.
- In the Playback devices, you’ll see all of the connected audio devices. Right-click on “Speakers” and then select “Properties”.
- In the Properties, switch to the “Enhancements” tab and check the “Disable All Enhancements” option and then click “OK” to save the settings.
- Now, restart your computer and open the Task Manager by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” key combination on the keyboard. See if the service is consuming the CPU resources or not.
Method 2: Uninstall Audio Drivers
As the Audio Device Graph Isolation is the part of Audio Engine in Windows, you should try to uninstall the Audio Drivers. The uninstallation may render your PC useless for any audio input and output for a while, but it’s pretty useful if you want to fix the problem.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows key + R” key combination on the keyboard.
- Type “ devmgmt.msc” and press ENTER To open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, find the “Sound, Video and Game Controllers” option. Click on it to drop down the list of connected audio devices.
- Right-click on the connected Audio Device and click on “Uninstall this Driver” option. You’ll be asked to provide additional consent for uninstallation to start.
- Within a few seconds, the uninstallation will complete. Now, check the task manager for CPU consumption by the same service. If it’s not gone, then restart the computer and see again.
Method 3: Scan PC for Virus and Malware
The virus and malware programs are one of the biggest problems that may cause the sudden high CPU usage. The virus programs are now pretty smart and use Windows Audio Device Graph isolation windows 10 service to consume the CPU resources and avoid automatic detection by the antivirus programs. If you scan your computer with any good Antivirus and Antimalware program, then you can quickly fix this issue within a few minutes.
I would recommend you using the Avast, McAfee and Avira antivirus for thorough scanning of your computer. You can use any other antivirus program or even use the default Windows Defender program to scan the computer for virus and malware.
Also Read: How to Fix Whea Uncorrectable Error in Windows 10
The sudden rise in CPU resources consumption is very alarming for most of the people as they won’t be able to use their computers to full extent. The Most common reason for the sudden rise in CPU resource consumption is reliable looking Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation high CPU service. If this service gets corrupted or kept hostage by a virus, then you may face the issue. In this post, I have shared all of the known solutions to get rid of this problem permanently. If you are still facing the issues, then make sure to comment below to get help from our team of experts.