Windows 10 update was rolled out in July 2015, when it was released, it was actually a major update in the history of Microsoft Windows. This Windows update changed everything starting from UI to the way Windows 10 operating system works. When this update was rolled out officially, there were many types of bugs like Windows 10 Freezes Automatically, Low Virtual Memory Problem, DLL files missing problems, Start Menu not working issue in Windows 10 and many more. From all these bugs there was one major bug which was Windows 10 Taskbar is not working, this bug was so annoying that it wouldn’t let the user to open task manager no matter how hard we try.
Windows 10 Taskbar is not working bug got fixed later in Windows 10 anniversary update. This Anniversary update has fixed many bugs like network protocols, Direct X fix, etc.
We have seen many people who are still facing the same error Windows 10 Taskbar is not working after the anniversary update and in so we have written a small guide on how you can easily solve windows taskbar not working in Windows.
Windows 10 Taskbar not working
We are going to show you various methods from which you can solve windows 10 taskbar not responding problem easily. So lets get started
Method 1: Solve Windows 10 Taskbar is not working issue by simply restarting windows explorer.
This fix is one of the easiest fix where just have to open Run prompt and enter few commands and it will start working smoothly
- Boot your Windows 10 and wait for it to load all the applications properly
- Once all the applications are loaded, Press Start + R button and you will Run prompt.
- Once Run prompt pops-up, all you have to do is type taskmgr.exe and press enter. As soon you will enter, Windows Task Manager will open.
- Now you have to select Windows Explorer and you have to click on Restart button as shown in below image
- As soon as you click on Restart, it will kill the Windows Explorer process and it will restart it within few seconds and it will resolve taskbar not working windows 10 problem
Also Read: Turn Off Windows Update in Windows 10
Still facing the same windows 10 taskbar not working issue? Try out another which may help you out
Method 2: Re-register the Windows Taskbar
Well I guess you are still facing windows 10 taskbar not responding problem, so here we have written another method which can help you out to solve this major problem which has occurred in your Windows operating system
- Restart your system and let it load all the applications
- At first you have to create a system restore point and follow these command to execute the Windows Powershell
- Now press Windows button or click on Start Button and type Powershell
- Right click on Poweshell and run as Administrator.
- Once the powershell opens, all you have to do is enter this small command and hit enter.
- Once this command get successfully executed, you have to navigate to the windows explorer directory where you you will that your name is your account username.
- Now scroll down and local TileDataLayer folder and delete it permanently.
- If you are not able to delete this folder or it is showing you some type of errors then Press Windows + R and type services.msc and from that you have to manually stop Tile Data model server process and then try to delete it again.
- Now after doing that again restart your system and your problem will be resolved.
Well now I hope taskbar not working windows 10 problem should be resolved by now. If you still have any other kind of query please write us back in comment and our team will try their best to reach you and help you out.