The Mouse or touchpad is one of the most critical input device connected to the computer. Without Mouse or Touchpad, it is virtually not possible to operate the computer effectively. But, as the hardware device bound with the software, using mouse or touchpad will throw some unexpected errors. The most common error is Windows 10 Right Click not working.
If you are facing the issue of Right-click not working in Windows 10, then you should immediately take some steps to fix the problem. The problem might arise from two factors. The first one is Hardware based issues, and another is Software based issues. While Hardware based problems are more common, because of the faulty hardware, we have to take care of software issues too.
How to Fix Right Click Not Working Windows 10 Error
If you are annoyed by Windows 10 Right click not working error, then you should follow these methods to fix the issue. Follow both of the methods for Hardware issues and Software problems.
Most of the times, Right click not working is the Hardware issue. To fix this issue, disconnect the mouse from your computer and connect it to another computer. If this is the hardware issue, then you’ll face the same issue on the second computer. If it’s not, then you’ll be able to use Right Click on the second computer.
If it’s the Hardware problem, then, unfortunately, you have to buy another mouse to fix this issue. If it’s not the hardware issue and you mouse working fine on another computer, then you have to proceed further and follow software related methods.
It’s quite rare but Right Click not working in Windows 10 error may pop up when the device driver is corrupt or other internal issues with the computer. You are advised to follow below-mentioned methods to fix this issue for good.
Method 1: Turn OFF Tablet Mode to solve Windows 10 Right Click Not Working Problem
The Tablet Mode in Windows 10 is specially developed for the users who have touchscreen laptops or the tablets. If the same is Turned ON on the desktops with no touchscreens, the Right Click will not work most of the times. Here are the steps to Turn OFF the tablet mode in Windows 10 and fix right click not working issue.
- First of all, press “Windows + A” key combination of your keyboard. This will open the Action Center in Windows 10.
- In the Action Center, you’ll see the Tile of “Tablet Mode.” Click on that tile to turn OFF the tablet mode.
There is another way of turning OFF the Tablet Mode in Windows 10. You can go to “Settings” in Windows 10 and turn off the same. Here is how you can turn off the Tablet Mode from Settings.
- Open the Search Menu and Search for “Settings” and open the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, click on “System” and then switch to “Tablet” option from the Left Pane.
- Now, you’ll see multiple options to configure the tablet mode. Just click on the slider to Turn off the Tablet Mode.
That’s it! You’ve turned off the Windows 10 Tablet Mode and fixed right click not working error. If this method is not working for you, then you can follow other methods that we’ve mentioned below.
Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer Service
If you can’t right click in Windows 10, then you should Restart the Windows Explorer. The Windows Explorer is one of the core services in the Windows 10 operating system. If there are some issues in running this core service, then you’ll face such weird problems like right click not working. Restarting the Windows Explorer service is the best way to get rid of this issue.
- First of all, open the Task Manager by pressing “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” key combination on the keyboard.
- In the Task Manager, switch to “Processes” tab and scroll down to locate “Windows Explorer” process and click on it.
- Now you have to click “Restart” button on the bottom right to restart the process.
- It’ll take few seconds to restart the service. Now, try right-clicking on the Desktop to see if its working or not.
Method 3: Reinstall Mouse Device Drivers
Corrupt mouse drivers are the main culprits behind such issues. If any of the methods mentioned above are not working for you, then Reinstalling the Mouse drivers is the only option left for you to try.
- First of all, press “Windows + R” key combination on your keyboard. In the RUN window, type “devmgmt.msc” and press ENTER. This will open the Device Manager Window.
- Click on “Mice and other Pointing Devices” drop-down menu to see the connected devices.
- Double click on the connect mice, and it’ll show you the Device properties.
- In the Device Properties, switch to “Drivers” tab and click on “Update Drivers.”
- In the next window click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.” The windows will connect to the internet and automatically download the latest version of the software.
This is how you can fix Windows 10 right click not working issue within minutes. Before proceeding with these methods, you have to check if the issue is software based or Hardware based and then continue with the solutions.
These are some of the working methods to fix the Windows 10 right click not working issue within minutes. While following these methods, if your computer becomes unresponsive, then you should immediately restart it. In the method #2, the Windows Explorer Process may go unresponsive while you try to restart it. SO, Restarting the Computer is the best option to fix the issue.