Have you forgotten your Windows password? Are you not able to log into your Windows 10, and you don’t have a the disk as well, well it happens all the time with many people where they create a new strong random password without disk when they are installing a fresh Windows 10 in their system and after a day or two they forget those credentials. In this situation if you have enabled your Microsoft account then you can easily reset your password via email but if you have created a local password then it will be a big problem for you. In this guide we are going to show you some quick solutions on Windows 10 Password Reset with and without any disk.
This post is for those people who have gone through this problem and for those as well who might need this in the future, after reading this article you would be able to do Windows 10 Password Reset Without Disk.
How to Get into Windows 10 Without Password
You are not able to start your Windows 10 Desktop because you have forgotten your password and it is really annoying, you have some important work to do but without the password your system is useless. Don’t worry, we are here to help you out get rid of this problem. Just follow the solutions which we are going to mention below in this guide and you will quickly able to start your Windows without any interruptions.
Method 1: By Logging on to Another Administrator account.
If you have forgotten the password to the local admin account that you are using on Windows 10, it might just happen that there are other other admin accounts on the same PC. You can use another admin account to log into your computer. Follow these steps to do so:
- Select the Sign-in Options under the password field and choose pin or picture password option any one of them.
- Look for any other admin account whose password you remember and choose it to log on to Windows 10.
- Once you have logged on and have administrator privileges you can change the password for your account.
- Just go to Control Panel and then select User Accounts.
- Look into the users section and select the User whose password is missing or forgotten.
- Create a New Password and enter the new credentials for that respective user.
- After you have successfully changed the password of your account restart the computer and login into your account.
If you don’t have multiple accounts on the same PC then you won’t be able to carry on with this step, you should consider the next option.
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 Password by Enabling Safe Mode
Not everybody has multiple accounts on the same PC, if you can not reset your password using the previous option then you should consider this one, follow these step to open your PC in safe mode and then change your password:
- Select Power button which is situated on the right bottom side of your screen.
- Click on Restart icon and it will restart your system.
- While booting Windows 10 login screen holding down the Shift key at the same time.
- You should open up the Startup Settings.
- Go to Troubleshoot.
- It will now open Advanced Options.
- Click on Startup Settings icon.
- In the Startup Menu select the options that say Enable Safe Mode, Enable Safe Mode With Networking, Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Then you should be able to enter Windows 10 in Safe Mode with default admin.
- After this open Control Panel as Administrator and change the admin password from User Accounts.
With this solution you should be able to change your default administrator password and after restarting the computer can open the default account, if this does not work the try out the next option.
Method 3: By Changing your Microsoft Accounts Password
The best thing about windows 10 is that it is connected to your Microsoft account but this will only work if you are connected to Internet and you have synced your Windows with your Microsoft official Account which can be controlled online. In case you forget your password you can quickly reset it from Microsoft online portal. Just note that this method won’t work if you have created a local password on your windows without connecting it to your MS account.
- Go to Microsoft’s Login page.
- In the login id field enter your e-mail and press the forgot password button.
- This will take you to another page which will give you options via which you can reset your Microsoft account password.
- Enter the re-captcha and click on Next button
- The the option that is most viable and carry on with the instructions.
- Once you have reset your Microsoft account password go to your PC and open Windows 10 with the new password. Make sure you have a stable working Internet to sync.
It is possible that you have forgotten your e-mail as well and now you can’t reset your password, the next method should really help you.
Method 4: By Creating a New Password Reset Disk
If you don’t already have one then there are many softwares that can be used to create Windows 10 Password Reset disk but none of them is better than the one provided by Microsoft, to create a password reset disk follow these instructions:
- From another computer go to the Control Panel.
- On Control Panel navigate to Users.
- On the left panel there will be an option to create password recovery disk.
- Select the option and create the password reset disk using an USB or CD.
- When opening your own PC plug in the USB or put in the CD.
- Put in an incorrect password in the password section.
- After on try there will be an option to reset password select the option.
- Select your reset using USB/CD and carry on with the instructions.
- You will be able to access your Windows 10 account now.
This should probably help you in Windows 10 Password Reset without using safe mode or microsoft account.
I hope in this post I was able to help you with Windows 10 Password Reset Without Disk problem, We have personally tried all the methods mentioned above in this tutorial and all of them has properly worked for us and that is why we thought of create a small guide on it. Now you can access your Windows 10 admin account without any interruptions and make sure you save your current password in your phone or any notepad while which you can access it in future if something goes wrong .