The WiFi sense is the smart feature in Windows 10 computers that manage the Wifi network card behavior. If we can change the settings a little bit, then we may fix this problem. The Wireless Internet, i.e., the Wifi has made our lives easier. With the Wifi, we can easily connect with the Internet without using the wires. Even when we are on the computer, we don’t use the Ethernet cable and use the Wifi to connect to the internet. Well, the Windows laptops are excellent in connecting with the Wifi network because of the integrated Wifi sense. The Wifi sense is the feature in Windows which effectively detects the nearby WiFi connections and makes more easier to connect with them. But, the Windows laptops have the issue of WiFi keeps disconnecting.
There are many Windows laptop users who are complaining that the Laptop keeps disconnecting from Wifi. it’s okay to drop the connection if the signal is weak, but the constant wifi keeps disconnecting error is something to take care of. In this post, we are sharing some ways, by which you can easily fix the Windows 10 wifi keeps disconnecting error.
Why my WiFi Keeps Disconnecting on Laptop?
The Laptops are made for the convenience of the people. Those who are commuting and in constant need of the computer use the laptop most. The main reason behind using the laptop is the battery life and also the portability. But the battery life is the main reason which is the arch-enemy of the wifi connections. Most of the laptops are designed to lower the power provided to the Wifi adapter so it will not receive the proper amount of signal from Wifi, and you face the frequent disconnections from a Wifi connection.
Also, the Defective WiFi Adaptor, Wrong Internet settings, Weak Wifi router and the corrupted drivers are the reasons behind constant disconnections. Well, you have to figure out if the issue is hardware related or software related because we are not covering the hardware issues in this post.
How to fix Windows 10 WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Error?
There are numerous ways you can attempt to fix this issue. In this post, we are sharing some working methods which will work to fix the wifi disconnects frequently error within a few minutes.
Method 1: Use Windows Network Troubleshooter
The Windows Network Diagnostics tool will help us in identifying and detecting the issues with the network and the network card. The diagnostics tool will automatically fix the issues after completing the scan
- First of all, open the Start menu and search for “Identify and Repair Network Problems”. Click on the search result to start the Troubleshooter.
- Now, the troubleshooter will start scanning the network and find the problems. The process will take a few moments so you have to be patient.
- After detecting the issues, the Diagnostics tool will automatically fix them for you. Just restart the computer after completion.
Method 2: Change Wifi Sense Settings in Windows 10
The Wifi sense is the smart feature in Windows 10 computers that manage the Wifi network card behavior. If we can change the settings a little bit, then we may fix this problem.
- First of all, open the Start menu and go to Settings. In the Settings, click on “Networks and Internet” option.
- In the Left-pane, click on “Wifi” tab and then click on the “Manage WiFi settings” from the right-pane.
- In the WiFi settings, scroll down and find the “WiFi sense” option.
- Disable every enabled setting in the Wifi Sense option and Restart your computer.
Method 3: Update Wifi Adaptor Drivers
When the Wifi drivers are corrupted by any third-party programs, then you may see frequent wifi disconnections. That’s why we are going to update the wifi drivers so that the outdated and corrupted drivers are removed from the system.
- First of all, open the Start menu and open the “Device Manager” by using the search bar.
- In the Device Manager, click on “Network Adaptors” drop-down menu to see all of the installed network drivers.
- Right-click on any driver that has “Wireless Network Adapter” in it and click “Update Driver”.
- In the Update Window, click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” and let windows search for an appropriate version of Driver.
- After completion of this process, restart your computer and see if the issue pops up again or not.
It’s really frustrating when your laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi. I have experienced this horror, and it’s genuinely terrifying when you are in the middle of skype call or multiplayer gaming session. Well, the Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10 is not more issue now. The methods I’ve shared in this post are working correctly to fix this issue permanently, and you can enjoy constant wifi connection on your computer.