Ever faced DLL error while opening any application or game in Windows? DLL Errors mainly occurs when we launch any new game or software like photoshop or something and it will pop up on your screen that the DLL file is missing. The reason why it is showing such missing errors are because your Windows is not updated to the latest version or maybe there is a problem with current DirectX version, DLL errors are very popular these days and one of them is The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.DLL is missing from your computer, such errors occur when you try to open any application and files like VCRUNTIME140.DLL are required to start that program
What is VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error and How to Fix it?
VCRUNTIME140.DLL is a Microsoft C Runtime Library program expansion of os size approximately 86 KB, situated in the System32 folder of your windows, and it can be set up from Microsoft Visual Studio. When any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, then you can observe such error messages in your display.
Method 1: Set up Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
So basically DLL stands for Dynamic Link Libraries which means external parts of an application that runs on Windows or any other operating systems. The main reason behind that is most of the windows applications store all its codes in various different files, so whenever there is any requirement of that code that respective file is loaded into Memory and utilized. If the operating system is not able to find that file; it will directly throw DLL file missing error on the screen.
When the DLL file is lost, then downloading the missing DLL file on the net and pasting it into some specific application location isn’t the true solution. You can try that procedure, but you might not receive any expected results from it.
- Try reinstalling the application that’s throwing this up mistake may assist, so try it. Maybe its setup package comprises this document.
- Another choice to address this issue is to set up Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio on your PC.
- Close all of your open program or application using Task Manager. After completion of this, it is possible to go and get it from Microsoft Official Site. Install the Runtime part and restart your pc and find out.
- You might also wish to run an anti-virus scan. VCRUNTIME140.DLL if situated in the System32 folder would be your valid OS file. When it’s located anywhere else, then it might be malware.
- It ought to have assisted, along with the error message shouldn’t appear.
- Obviously, ensure your Windows is upgraded. Run Windows Update and support.
Method 2: Install Visual C++ to Solve VCRUNTIME140.DLL Missing Error
- The above method didn’t work correctly? Try installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and select that .exe file which suits your operating system(x64 or x86). Then click on next button
- If you’re not sure about what your operating system is(x64bit or x86bit), then right click on My Computer and Click on Properties and it will all the specifications of your operating system.
- As soon as your download completes, run that installation program as per the instructions
- Once the installation complete, Try to run that application which was showing VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing Error
- If still, the problem remains the same, Uninstall the program right from the control panel. Then restart your computer and reinstall that program again and we bet you won’t face that problem again in future
VCRUNTIME140.DLL is Missing error basically occurs when you want to launch any application or game on your Windows OS and at that time it will show you these missing error. Before installing any software or games in any version of your windows, always keep your drivers up to date. Never turn off your Windows Update. Softwares like .NET Framework, Direct X, Visual C++, always keep them update so it won’t create such DLL problems for you.