As a gamer, I always like to play some fantastic games on steam, and any player can tell that steam is the best platform to play online games for a lower price and in high quality but sometimes there will be some problems which will occur and it will ultimately prevent you from playing games. I have faced some issues in which steam won’t open in my PC. If you are using steam to play and download games and if you’re facing a problem like steam won’t open in windows 10 then in this article we will help you.
In this guide on how to fix steam won’t open problem we are sharing some working methods or solutions, and after having a look at these solutions we are pretty much sure you will be able to launch the steam and play your favorite games whenever you want. so here are these three guides which will solve your problem.
How to Solve Steam Won’t Open Issue in Windows 10
The Steam is one of the best online gaming marketplaces and game management program for the gamers. Its one of the most popular gaming client amongst the users which comes with a variety of games, an extensive network of servers and robust anti-cheat program. The Steam Marketplace by Valve is used by millions of gamers daily to buy the games and play them in multiplayer mode with real people. If you are facing Steam Won’t Launch Windows 10 error, then you may have to sacrifice your urge of gaming.
There is nothing more annoying than not able to launch the Steam client and miss playing games. Even if you try everything like Restart the computer or restarting the Steam client, it won’t open at all. So, here are some of the best and working methods, to permanently fix the Steam Won’t open error within a few minutes. Follow these methods carefully and permanently fix the issue.
Method 1: Close all Steam Processes from Background Task Manager
It is quite usual that when you are playing any games in your computer and suddenly your games freezes up and after sometimes when nothing works you lose your temper and press Ctrl +Alt + Del button from your keyboard to Endtask your game via Windows Task Manager. When your steam client and the game gets an unexpected shutdown, it doesn’t closes all the process of Steam and then when you try to launch your steam client again, it wont launch and it is because the steam process are still running in your system background, your computer will show you no error when you will launch steam again and again because the steam processes are not properly exited and they are stuck in a loop. In this method we are going to show you can solve this problem without even restart your system.
- In first step of this method, you have to move your cursor down and right click on any empty space of the Taskbar an select Task Manager as shown in this image.
- It will open Task Manager window where you click on Process tab and there you will find all the system running processes.
- Scroll down and locate all the steam processes and then right click on them and select on End task option as shown in this image.Note: Make sure you select the right process, if you force close any Windows process then it might create problem, your system will not work properly if you end task any other Windows process, so chose all steam background process wisely.
- Now from Desktop, re-launch your Steam client and it will be in working mode
Method 2: Verify Game Cache File
This method is basically for those whose steam games are not launching up. Sometimes we overthink that why steam won’t open in our pc even when we tried every possible solution for it but here we will start with very basic solution and, i.e., to check whether you have any corrupted game file in your steam library and if you have then you shall remove it because these kinds if files prevent to run steam successfully so if your steam won’t open in windows 10 then try to delete cache files games.
- First, reboot your windows pc and then open steam
- In steam go to the Library section and then click on Properties
- In properties go to the Local files and then click on verify integrity of game files
- After clicking it will take some time to Validate all of your game files and then a message of validation done successfully will pop up on your screen.
- After doing this just Reboot your PC and then steam open
This is the most basic yet very important way of fixing the problem of steam won’t open or steam won’t open windows 10. Even after trying this method if steam is not opening in windows then do check next method which might help you.
You should also read how to make windows 10 backup in case if anything goes wrong with Steam files
Method 3: Check Windows Updates
I have been using a very old version of Windows 10 and that was one of the reasons why I was not able to open steam in my PC so if you’re having windows 10 in your PC then make sure you’re having an updated version of OS because that might be the reason for steam not opening in Windows 10 PC. Also, some games need the updated version of windows, so make sure you have updated the Windows to the latest version. Be it Windows 7 or Windows 10, make sure the system is updated. Here are the steps that’ll guide you to update Windows OS.
If you want to update your PC then follow these methods to solve the problem of steam not opening in windows 10 by updating it to the latest version.
- Go the search box and type update in it
- Then in windows update click on check for updates and then wait till windows get updated
- After successfully updating your pc reboot it and then open steam which shall be working fine.
By updating the windows versions this shall solve the problem of steam not opening in windows 10 but if you’re still having the same problem then do check the following method.
Method 4: Close Unwanted Programs In Your PC
Many times we let some programmes run in the background which might affect on overall computing. Background running of unnecessary programmes may lead to many problems like lagging or slow processing and this might also be the reason why steam won’t open in your PC. So if you have windows PC whose RAM is low or it has some old processor then it would be better to close the unnecessary programmes due to which steam not starting in your PC.
Method 5: Reinstall Steam Client
The older version of the steam client will cause the issue of games not launching properly. Most of the times in such cases, reinstalling the steam client or updating the steam client would fix any problems if it has and if you are able to play games successfully on your steam account then try to reinstall steam client which shall fix problems like steam won’t launch and to reinstall the steam client just follow these instructions.
- Go to the Steam’s official website and download a new steam installer in your windows PC
- After installing the installer just follow the instructions of the wizard to reinstall your steam client and don’t forget to reinstall it to the same place otherwise all of your data would get lost.
Not able to open the Steam game is very frustrating because your friends and waiting and you are struggling to launch the game. It’s frustrating when you are waiting to join a gaming competition and the game won’t launch at all. I’ve been there and experienced the horror. Well, that’s not happening again. These are the basic yet very important solutions which would solve your query of steam won’t open or steam not starting and if any of these solutions actually solve your problems then please let us know and if you have any doubts then too give us some feedback so that we can update this post regarding steam not opening in windows 10.