When you mess with the Settings of any program, all you do is reinstall the program or Reset the settings. In the Google Chrome, it’s pretty confusing to know which settings you’ve changed and you want to Reset Chrome without Reinstalling it on your computer. Well, there are multiple ways to reset Chrome browser without opting for the reinstall of the entire browser.
If you messed the Chrome settings and want to know how to reset chrome browser to the default settings, then you are at the right place. In this post, we are going to share some working methods, that’ll help you to reset google chrome immediately.
How to Reset Chrome to Default Settings without Reinstall?
If you fiddle with the Advanced settings in the Google Chrome browser, then you may not be able to use the browser for browsing the Internet. That depends on the settings you tweaked and disabled or interrupted the Internet access. Well, the only way to fix such issues is to Reset Google Chrome and restore it to default settings. There are some working methods to help you fix the problem instantaneously.
Method 1: Reset from Advanced Settings
The Advanced Settings option in the Google Chrome browser allows us to revert to the Default settings. We are going to use the same option to fix the tweaked settings.
- First of all, open the Google Chrome Web browser and then click on the “three vertical dots” on the Address bar.
- Now, click on the “Settings” option from the menu to open the Chrome Settings. Alternatively, you can type “chrome://settings” in the Address bar to open the Settings Page.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click on “Show Advanced Settings” drop down icon to open the Advanced Settings.
- Once you see the advanced settings, then scroll down again and click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”.
- You’ll now see the warning message. Click on “Reset Settings” Button to revert to Default Settings and Reset Chrome.
Method 2: Add New User to Google Chrome
If you are not confident about resettings the Google Chrome and lose the stored data like Bookmarks and Passwords, then you should follow this method. By adding a new user to Google Chrome Browser, we can reset the settings for that specific user and also not lose the stored data from other users. Here are the steps to reset chrome settings.
- In very first step of this method, open the Google Chrome and click on the User icon on the Address bar or on the Title bar as shown in this image.
- Now, click on the “Manage People” option with Wrench icon. Clicking on it will open the new Window.
- In the new Window, click on “Add Person” button on the bottom.
- Name your new person account anything and choose the desired icon for the account.
- Now, click on “Add” button to add the new user. A new Chrome browser window will open with default settings. Use the Chrome will that profile and never lose the stored data.
Method 3: Delete Chrome Data
The Google Chrome stores the data in “Temp” and the “AppData” folders in Windows. The Temp folder holds the temporary files which are cleared after every restart of Google Chrome or the system. But, the AppData folder holds every data about the Bookmarks, Settings, Passwords and the settings. Well, if we delete the Chrome Data folder, then we will immediately revert to default settings in Chrome without Reinstalling it.
- First of all, open the RUN Window by pressing “Windows key + R” key combination on the keyboard. Type “AppData” in the RUN window and press ENTER.
- In the AppData folder, navigate to the “Local > Google > Chrome > User Data” to access the User Data folder.
- If the Google Chrome is running in the Background, close it. Then, delete the “Default” folder in the User Data directory.
- Now, open the Google Chrome browser again and it’ll start with the Default settings. Log in to your User account and then you’ll get your Bookmarks and Stored Passwords back.
That’s it! That was all about how to reset Google Chrome browser to default settings and to fix the changes without even uninstalling it. If you messed up with the settings and facing problems while browsing from Chrome browser, then you should immediately reset it to the factory settings using the working methods we have mentioned above, we have personally tested each and every method and they all worked smoothly. I hope you’ll follow these three methods and reset chrome to default settings without a reinstall and if you face any problem while following this tutorial we can write us in comment section below and we will help you out for sure.