PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) as we all know that it is one of the most trending games for Windows, Android, and Mac in 2018. PUBG is an online multiplayer battle royal shooting game which was developed and published by PUBG Corporation. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was first released for Windows OS in March 2017 and got a big hit and after few months the South Korean video game company Bluehole started developing the same game for Android and iOS platform which again was a big hit. PUBG Mobile version is totally free and today more than 50 million users are playing this game everyday. Many PUBG players reported a problem on the official forum of PUBG that are facing PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam error in Windows and there was no proper solution there so we thought we creating a small guide how you can fix up “failed to initialize steam pubg” issue in few minutes.
Don’t worry, we have written a few methods on this problem which are personally tested by us, all you need to do is follow them and your problem will be solved.
- 1 Why it is Showing Failed to Initialize Steam Error?
- 2 How to Fix PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam Error in Windows
- 3 Final Words
Why it is Showing Failed to Initialize Steam Error?
There are many reasons why it is showing such initialization errors when you try to launch your game. It is because your drivers are not up to date or your current Windows OS is not updated. We have seen many Windows 7 users are reporting this problem rapidly again and again and recently Steam rolled out a special update for them. So basically the problem is with your current Windows OS or your Device drivers and for that, you may need to update them or re-install them. It is causing this problem because your current device drivers softwares are not compatible with the latest version of PUBG and for that, you will need to update your drivers and also you have to do it on a regular basis because once in a week steam releases a new update of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds game.
How to Fix PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam Error in Windows
So here we start this tutorial, we have written few methods on this problem which are listed below in guide, you don’t have to follow all the methods but if the game doesn’t work then give it a try.
Method 1: Restart your Steam Client
In this method, we are going to force restart our steam client in order to solve this issue. Failed to initial steam error occurs when you try to exit Steam in a normal way and it turns out to be it doesn’t exit because some process of steam has malfunctioned internally and they are running in a loop so we are going to force exit it and relaunch it again.
- In the very first step, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, It will open Windows Task Manager for you.
- You have to click on the Process tab and select all the Steam process as shown in this image.
- Right click on the Steam process and select End Task option one by one to force close Steam client.
- Once the above step is done, re-launch your Steam client from Desktop and it will solve your player unknown battlegrounds failed to initialize steam problem.
Method 2: Run Steam as Administrator
The above method didn’t work? No worries, here in this method we are going to launch steam as an Administrator so the Windows OS will force the Steam client to launch and if this doesn’t work then you might need to reinstall the Steam from its official website.
- Open My Computer from your Desktop or simply press Windows + E button from your keyboard and from there go to your Steam directory where your internal steam files are installed.
- Generally, when you install steam, it gets installed in a default path unless and until you manually assign it. To open your steam directory, it totally depends on the type of operating system you are using.If your OS is x64 bit then follow this path below And if your OS is x32 bit/x86 bit then follow this path
- So here I assume that you are already in the internal directory of Steam, find Steam.exe file, right click on it and select Run as Administrator and it will launch instantly.
- If you are not able to find the directory then all you have to do is, go to Desktop and there you will find Steam shortcut icon, Right click on that Steam shortcut and select Open File Location and then follow the above step.
Method 3: Disable Fullscreen Optimizations for PUBG
Are you still facing the same problem? I feel you, this problem is really annoying and for that, we have one last method for you. If this doesn’t solve your problem I damn sure there is a problem with your current operating system and you have to reinstall your OS again.
In the very first step of this method again you have to open the steam directory which I have already shown you in Method 2, so directly open your Steam directory and from there follow this path
- Select TslGame, right click on it and select Properties.
- It will open a small window and from there you have to click on the Compatibility tab and there you have enabled Disable fullscreen optimizations option.
- Once it is done, click on Apply and then click on Ok and restart your system now and check whether the problem still exists or not.
Method 4: Disable Run as Administrator Feature for your Game
It is possible that PUBG is throwing an error due to some privileges right which is Windows is not allowing to give. To solve that we have to disable the run as Admin feature for this game. Follow the steps below to disable it.
- Open your Steam directory, we have shown how to open Steam files location in Method 2, once you are into a Steam directory then follow this path
- Now right click on TslGame and select Properties option.
- It will open a small Window of configurations, go to Compatibility tab and untick Run as Administrator option.
- Click on Apply and then Ok. So this is how you can solve pubg failed to initialize steam, Now try to launch your Steam client again and this time we are quite sure that it will launch without any problem.
Also Read: How to Fix Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup
So this was all about how you can solve pubg failed to initialize steam problem in your Windows OS if the problem still exists then we are sure that the current version of your Windows is either not compatible with the game or you may need to reinstall the operating system again. If you face any problem while following this tutorial then please let us know in the comment section below and we will surely help you.