Many people use the PlayStation 3 (PS3 Controller) to play their favourite games. But the PlayStation 3 comes with few disadvantages when compared with the pc.
The pc comes with many advantages like the choice of games, customization options, gaming experience and all. But, the PlayStation 3 provides the unforgettable gaming experience that you’ll love from the bottom of your heart.
If you are on windows pc and want to use ps3 controller on pc, then you can do so pretty quickly. I was interested in knowing if we can connect and use the PS4 controller on our computer or not. So, i searched the internet and found some working methods, that helped me in using the PS3 controller on my computer.
In this post, I am going to share some methods that will help you to use ps3 controller on Windows 10 computers. The windows 10 operating system has the support for using playstation 3 controller on pc, so it’s pretty easy to set up and starts using the ps3 controller for playing your favorite games.
How to Use a PS3 Controller on PC – 3 Methods
Before going into installation process, Our System will require these respective Hardwares and Softwares in order to use out Ps3 controller on computer.
- Playstation 3 Dual Shock Controller
- A mini-USB cable which will enable controller to connect to your system(Ignore if the controller is wireless).
- Bluetooth dongle for better connectivity(If the controller is Wireless)
These below software should be pre-installed in your system, make sure you install all these software properly, it will directly affect the controller if these softwares are not working.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtime
- DirectX runtime
- Xbox 360 controller driver(Optional)
Method 1: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
If you are willing to use ps3 controller on your PC to play your favourite games, then you have to follow some simple, yet complicated steps. If you are on windows 10, then the first thing you have to do is to disable driver signature enforcement. Here are the steps that’ll help you to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 within a few minutes.
- First of all, open Settings.
- In settings go to “Updates and Security >> Recovery >> Advanced startup”.
- Now, your PC will restart, and you’ll see the advanced startup menu. In that menu, click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Now click on “Advanced options >> Startup settings”.
- Again the computer will restart, and you’ll see the startup settings. Press F7 key on your keyboard to turn off “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.
- After doing that, restart your computer and your ps3 controller on pc will work without any issues.
This is the first method for how to use ps3 controller on Windows 10. When you have driver signature enforcement enabled, the Windows 10 will check for the signed drivers, and most of the ps3 controllers don’t have signed drivers. So, disabling the option will help us using ps3 controller on PC.
Step 1: Connect PS3 Controller via USB Cable
Another method is pretty straightforward, and you’ll learn how to use the ps3 controller on windows 10. Here are the exact steps that’ll guide you to do so.
- First of all, connect your PS3 Controller to PC with the help of USB cable.
- Now, the Windows will detect the controller and start the Driver installation process.
- After installing the drivers, go to Microsoft site and download and install the “Microsoft .NET 4.0” and “Visual C++ 2013 Runtime”.
- Also, make sure you have installed official Xbox 360 controller drivers. You can find the drivers on this link. https://microsoft.com/accessories/en-in/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
- After completing all the installation processes, the Windows 10 will recognize the PS3 controller on PC, and you’ll be able to use it to play supported games.
his is the second working methods to use Playstation 3 controller on PC to play favorite games. The third method is suitable for those who want to connect the controller with wireless Bluetooth dongle. Here are the steps to connect the Ps3 controller on pc windows 10.
Method 1: Connect PS3 Controller to PC using Bluetooth Dongle
- First of all, turn ON and connect your PS3 controller on your computer Windows 10 with the help of Bluetooth Dongle.
- Make sure you have installed Xbox 360 Controller drivers. If not, then download drivers from the official site and install.
- Now, download the XInput Wrapper drivers for the PS3 controller from this link. http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/scp-xinput-wrapper-for-ds3-ds4.8686/
- Run the “SCPToolkit_setup.exe” with Administrator Privileges and follow on-screen instructions.
- After the installation is finished, restart your computer, and you are ready to use PS3 controller on PC with Bluetooth dongle.
The PS3 controller provides the similar experience of playing games on the PlayStation 3. The computer will have way more games than the PlayStation, that’s why it’s sensible to have the PC. But, the hardcore PlayStation fans will have the same experience but on PC with the help of their PS3 controller. The experience of playing the games with the Controller is priceless. If you have a PS3 and a Computer, you should connect the controller to PC and play your favorite game.
I hope you’ll follow the mentioned methods and connect your PS3 controller on PC and then play all of the supported games. If you are facing any issues, then please comment below.