The windows operating system throws weird issues to the users, which makes the user experience sluggish. Suppose, you want to take an urgent printout of a document and suddenly see printer offline windows 10 error, then what will you do? Your precious time and the need forces you to check for immediate solutions to fix wireless printer offline error.
If you are frequently facing this issue or currently your windows 10 printer offline, then you should stick to this post. In this post, I am going to share some working methods to fix windows 10 printer offline error within minutes.
How to Fix Printer Offline Windows 10 Error
Tons of different methods help you to fix the Printer Offline issue within minutes. Here, we are sharing such methods to help you resolve this issue. Although, the standard checks like Connection Cable and AC power to Printer to be taken care of before proceeding with these methods. If you’ve checked everything, then move and follow these wireless printer offline Windows 10 computers.
Method 1: Restart “Print Spooler” service
The Print Spooler service in Windows is responsible for the management of the connected printers. If you are facing the Printer is offline error, then the culprit might be the Print Spooler service. Here is how you can Restart the “Print Spooler” service and solve the Printer Offline problem.
- First of all, press “Windows + R” key combination on Keyboard to open RUN window. In the window, type “services.msc” [ without quotes ] and press ENTER.
- In the Windows Services, find the “Print Spooler” service. Check if the Print Spooler service is running or Stopped.
- Now, right-click on the Service and click on “Restart” to forcefully restart this service.
- The process will take merely few seconds. After completion, check if the Printer is Online or not. If it’s still showing the same issue, then follow the other methods mentioned in this post.
Method 2: Tweak Settings to Use Printer Offline
The printer settings allow us to use the Printer offline. Whatever you wanted to print will be scheduled in the, and whenever printer comes online, the items in the queue will be printed automatically. If you have no time assessing what happened to the printer, then you should tweak the settings and send everything in the print queue.
- First of all, press “Windows + R” key combination on Keyboard to open RUN window. In the window, type “devmgmt.msc” [ without quotes ] and press ENTER.
- This will open the Device Manager Window. In the Device Manager, click on “Action” on the options menu and select “Devices and Printers”.
- In the “Devices and Printers”, right click on the offline printer, which is shown as the faded icon and click on “see what’s printing”.
- Now, you’ll see the Printer Queue window. In the window, click on “Printer” option from the top menu and select “Use Printer Offline”.
- Now you can start using the Printer offline in Windows 10. Whenever your printer goes offline, everything will be sent to the Queue and will be printed immediately when it comes online.
Method 3: Use Printer Troubleshooter in Windows 10
The Windows 10 Troubleshooter program has the solution for almost every hardware related issue. The suggested fixes always work in favor of the users. So, in this case of Windows 10 printer offline, we are going to use the same.
- First of all, open the Settings menu by clicking on “Start” icon and then on “Settings” wrench icon.
- In the Settings. Click on “Devices” to open the plethora of options regarding connected devices.
- Now, click on the “Troubleshoot” option from left-pane and click on “Printer”.
- In the extended menu, you’ll see the option to Troubleshoot the problems related to printer. Click on “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- The troubleshooter will take few minutes to assess the problem and then provide the solution. Once it’s completed, click on “Apply this Fix”, and your printer is online again.
Method 4: Update Device Drivers
If any of the above methods are not working for you, then you have only one option left in front of you. You should update the device drivers of the Printer. Otherwise, you won’t be able to solve printer offline windows 10 issue. Here are the steps that’ll teach you how to update printer drivers from Device manager.
- First of all, open the Settings. To open the Settings in Windows 10, click on “Start” menu and click “Settings” icon.
- In the Settings. Click on “Devices” and then “Devices and Printers” to open the list of connected devices and printers.
- Right-click on the offline printer, which is shown in the faded color. In the options, click on “Remove Device”.
- This will remove the Printer from your authorized devices list. Within few seconds, the computer will start installing the latest drivers for your printer.
- Once the installation is complete, check if your printer is back online or not. Most of the times, the printer will come back and start printer whatever you send to print.
The Printer Offline windows 10 errors are very much annoying. You can easily get frustrated with this complicated error. Instead of asking why my printer is offline windows 10 to your friends, family members or colleagues, you should follow the methods mentioned above and fix the issue by yourselves. But, if all of these methods are not working for you, then you should check the Printer connections, LAN connection and also the AC power connection.
These methods are proven to work correctly for almost all of the users. So, it’s quite rare that these methods will not work for you. If one way doesn’t work, move to another method to fix printer is offline windows 10 error permanently. I hope you’ll follow these methods to fix the problem. If you are facing any issues following these methods, please comment below.