You were out on a trip for a week or two and when you come back and turn on your system and try to play some music or videos on your computer it doesn’t play. I mean the music or video will play on your system but there will be no sound coming from your headphones or speakers and when you check the Sound settings from taskbar, it shows you there is No Audio Output Device is Installed in your Windows operating system.
In that case you have to restart your system, remove the headphone or speakers wires from your PC and re-insert it again and then try to check whether the sound is coming or not. If you are still facing the same problem then you have come to the right place, here in this tutorial we are going to show you how you can easily fix up no audio devices are installed problem in windows within few minutes.
Why are you Facing No Audio Output Device is Installed Problem?
Well the main the reason why you are facing this problem is because the Windows has disabled all your audio device drivers or maybe your operating system doesn’t have the latest updated drivers. So in order to enable all the audio device drivers, first you have to make sure that your current Windows version is up to date and then we can manually enable all the audio drivers.
How to Fix No Audio Devices are Installed Issue
Here we assume that you the Windows has been updated to the latest version of it and if you haven’t then you can update it as soon as possible. In this post we have written 3 methods on how you can fix audio output device problem in no time. So lets start without wasting more time.
Method 1: Re-Enable the Audio Device
Here in this method we are going to manually re-enable the audio device software from Device Manager, follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- In the very first step of this method you have to press Windows + R button from your Keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter button.
- It will open up Windows Device Manager and from there you have to locate and select Sound, video and game controllers option.
- Right click on Sound, video and game controllers option and then select Enable option
So finally we have manually enabled the Audio device from Device Manager, now you have to restart your system and check whether the sound icon in your taskbar has still a red X on it or not.
Method 2: Manually Reinstall all the Audio Output Device Drivers
So the first method didn’t worked for you? Was the option already enabled by default? No worries, in this method we are going to uninstall and reinstall the all the audio drivers for Windows, so sit back and relax and just follow these steps.
- In first step, we have to do the same as we did in Method 1 where you have to open Windows Device Manager, To launch we have to press Windows+R button and type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter from the keyboard.
- Device Manager has been launched, Now we have to find our system Audio Drivers and there you have to Uninstall it. We have to right click on the Driver and then select we have to select “Uninstall” option.
Once the drivers are uninstalled, you have to Restart your Windows and then you have to again update your Windows. Open Start and type Windows Update. Now click on Check for Updates button, Windows will search for all the missing programs and its drivers and as soon as it will find that the audio device is missing, it will start downloading a fresh driver on your Operating System.
When the update completes, again as usual you have to Restart your system to make sure that the changes in the software are done successfully.
Also Read: How to Disable Touchpad in Windows
Method 3: Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter
Well this is the last method we have come across, if these three method doesn’t work for you then there is a possibility that your Audio Adapter has been damaged physically and that is why we it is not working. In this method we are going to run Windows Troubleshooter which will find from where exactly the problem is arising.
- Open Start menu on your Windows and search for Troubleshooter.
- Launch Troubleshooter program and there you will find View All option on the left sidebar, click on it.
- Now select Playing audio option
- It will show you Playing Audio Welcome Wizard where it will start searching for problem which are preventing the sound to play. Click on Next and complete the procedure.
- Once all the things are done, you have reboot your system and check the sound of headphones or speakers.
Thats it, this was all about How we can fix No Audio Output Device is Installed Error in Windows, the method which are discussed above in detail will work on 10,8 and 7 version of Windows. If you are still facing problem after following all the methods mentioned above then we think that your internal audio device is physically damaged and you need to get a new one from the store. If you have any queries regarding this tutorial then you can ask us in comment section below and we will surely reply you.