When you’re a Windows 10 pc user, there’s a high chance that you will always face some exciting problems while handling your computer and as a user of windows PC I have personally witnessed these problems and solved most of them, but sometimes we need a proper research about some issues and if you’re having a pop up on your screen which says msvcp100.dll missing or msvcp100.dll missing in windows 10 then here we have discussed the solution for this problem.
How you can Fix MSVCP100.dll Missing Windows 10 Error
Before we discussed why you are getting this msvcp100.dll missing or msvcp100.dll missing windows 10 first find out that why you must be getting this irritating pop up on your screen. Here we think that these three might be the reason behind that msvcp100.dll missing popup When Windows is starting or getting shut down, A corrupted programme has been installed, or When you are trying to install Windows 10 on computer.
So if you have done any of these things on your computer, then these are the probable reasons why you are getting this msvcp100.dll is missing windows pop up on screen but don’t worry because we here we’ve written some proper methods which would work for you.
Method 1: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ redistribution
Most of the time is the reason why we get this msvcp100.dll missing pop us is because we don’t have a correct version of it and here we will discuss how to uninstall the older version and reinstall the newer version which would fix the problem of msvcr100.dll is missing in windows 10.
- First, go to the control panel and then click on uninstall a programme in theirs.
- There you should see the Microsoft visual C++ redistribution programme and before uninstalling it check which version you have in your PC installed because having an older version is the main reason why you are getting this msvcp100.dll missing messages. After checking the version select the programme and then click on uninstall.
- As we have said earlier in most of the cases, the problem would be solved by installing the better and newer version of msvcr100.dll and here you can download that for free click on here Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.
- After downloading this file, double-click on it to install it successfully in your PC and after that reboot your computer.
This should solve your problem of msvcr100.dll missing windows 10 and if you’re still having pop o msvcp100.dll missing then go ahead and check out the second method which might solve this problem.
Note– Download this Microsoft visual C++ 2015 file only from the official site of Microsoft and not from any other third party site.
Do Also Read: Fix: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently
Method 2: Run SFC Command in Your PC
Sometimes running an SFC command might fix the problems like msvcr100.dll missing windows 10 because there must be some corrupt files running in your computer which needs an SFC command. So here has a look at how to run SFC command successfully.
- First of all press “Windows key+X” key combination on your keyboard and then click on “Command Prompt (Admin).
- After clicking on it, Click YES on UAC Popup Dialogue.
- Then in the command prompt windows type this Command as shown in below picture and Press ENTER.
- And after doing this, you will see the process of scanning the file is going on, and it will take some time to check all of the corrupted files on your system and during this process, if there are any problems detected which would be solved by the system automatically.
So after completing SFC scan restart your computer and then see whether you are still getting that msvcr100.dll is missing windows 10 or msvcp100.dll pop up on screen and if you always do then check out our next method for fixing it.
Also Read: How to Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error in Windows
Method 3: Update your Windows to Latest Version
There are chances that the program or game which you are trying to run is not compatible with the current version of your Operating system, so in that situation you just need to Update your Windows to the latest version of it. When you will update your Windows, it will download and update all the required softwares like .NET, DirectX, etc. and then you can easily able to launch your programs or application you want to.
Method 4: Run a Virus Scan Using any Antivirus
Sometimes the problem which looks big does not require a lot of efforts, and here we’re saying that because if you’re having a pop of msvcp100.dll missing then try to scan the whole of your system with anti-virus. Here running anti-virus might be the best and last solution for you to remove that msvcr100.dll missing windows 10 error.
So these are basic but yet essential things one can do when they keep getting those msvcp100.dll missing in windows 10 messages on their screen. If you have found these solutions work for you, then please let us know because that would help us in updating this article for other readers too. If you are facing any problem while following this guide then you can let us know in comment section below too.