Google Docs is a free, web-based application(s) for creating and collaborating on text documents, presentations, document sheets and more. Google Docs, Sheets and Slides are also collectively referred to as G-Suite when provided as a service to any organization.
NOTE: You can’t use Google Slides or Docs or Sheets offline services in any browser other than Google Chrome. Also, if you have an organizational account, it can only work if your account administrator has enabled offline access for your account.
What issues or doubts this post resolves:
- How to use Google Docs offline
- How to use Google Sheets offline
- How to use Google Slides offline
- How to use G-Suite Apps offline
Steps to Follow:
- Go to https://drive.google.com/ and click on Go to Google Drive to sign in using your Google Account Email ID.
- If you already have a google account logged in, you will directly be redirected to your Google Drive.
- If you don’t have a google account, click on Create account to create a google account.
- After you log into Google Drive, you’ll be greeted with Drive Homepage shown below.
- Click on the settings icon to open the settings pop-menu and click on Settings from the menu as shown below.
- This will open up the Settings for your Google Drive as shown below
- Click on the tick-box next to the Offline option in the settings page as shown in the image below
- Voilà! You are now ready to use Google Docs offline! The changes you make in offline mode will be synced to the online version on Drive when your computer gets online. So, go ahead, enjoy the freedom from licensing issues and enjoy anywhere, anytime access to your documents, presentations, and sheets.
- Whenever you are accessing or editing documents, sheets or slides offline, it’s header will look like below, the document name would be accompanied by a special offline status symbol :
TechCrits Tips and Tricks for Google Docs, Sheets and Slides:
- Install Office Editing for Docs, Sheets and Slides extension (only for chrome)
- Make any important document, sheet or slide(presentation) available offline.
- In Google Slides’ or Docs or Sheets homepage, click on the button to open up the options menu for a specific document and then enable the Available Offline option slider to make your document available offline