No PC gamer on this planet has not encountered a single error while playing the game. Be it a newbie gamer or the professional gamer; everyone faced at least one issue while performing any of their games. Just look at me, when I downloaded the Fallout 4 game, I was happy. But, then the reality struck me hard. The Fallout 4 crashes on Startup and every dream I had about playing this game shattered in front of my eyes. Fortunately, I am a geek and figured out what was the problem and fixed Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup error.
If you are a gamer and facing the same issue while playing the Fallout 4 Game, then follow this guide which will help you to fix Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup error. Follow all the mentioned methods and steps to fix the issues and play the Fallout 4 with your friends on Steam.
How to Fix Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup Issue
There are multiple ways to fix the Fallout 4 crash on start error. If you are facing the problem while starting this game, then you should immediately follow the working solutions and fix it to play the game in your free time. In this post, We are listing out all of the working ways to fix the issues, so you can play the game peacefully on your computer.
Method 1: Disable Anti-Virus to Fix Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup
If you have the Anti-Virus and Firewall running in the background, then this might be the issue. To fix the fallout 4 crash issue, you have to disable the Anti-virus program and then run the game.
1. Most of the anti-virus programs are easy to disable. Just click on the “Show Hidden Icons” button on the Taskbar.
2. Right-click on the icon of the anti-virus program and click on “Quit” or “exit” whatever appears.
After quitting the Anti-virus, start the game, and the issue will be fixed. In this case, i temporarily disabled the AVG antivirus that i am using in my computer.
Method 2: Change in-game Settings
If the in-game settings are conflicting with the system hardware or the resolution itself, then you should try changing the settings. Maybe your system specs are not good enough to run Fallout 4 on High Settings. This is the Trial-Error method, and you should try changing different settings and try starting the game. Here are the settings that you should turn and test running the game.
- Go the Video Settings in-game and change the game resolution same as the Display Resolution. If the video resolution is causing the Fallout 4 to Crash on Startup, then it’ll fix the issue.
- Try running the game in Windowed and Borderless mode. Sometimes, the game won’t load in Full-screen mode and crashes at the launch. Running it in the Windowed mode will help you to see if the game starts or not. If not, then try other methods.
- Go to the Battery Settings in Windows and Enable the “High Performance” mode for maximum performance. The Balanced way in Battery Settings throttles the CPU speed to extend the battery life. That might be the reason Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup.
Method 3: Adjust Mouse Acceleration
The Mouse Acceleration is the standard issue that leads to Fallout 4 Crashing on start. Many people have experienced the Fallout 4 Crashes on Launch issue due to same mouse acceleration. Here are the steps to fix Mouse Acceleration in Fallout 4.
- First of all, find the Fallout 4 Configuration file. Follow the below-mentioned path to see the file.
- Locate the “Fallout4config” file in the Fallout 4 Folder and double-click to open it in the Text Editor of your choice.
- In the Configuration file, change the value of “iPresentinterval” from 1 to 0. Do the same for “Fallout4prefs” and “bForceIgnoreSmoothness” as shown in image below.
- Press “Ctrl+S” to save the configuration file. Now restart your system and then launch the game. The game will start automatically without crashing and the game graphics will be based on your system specs.
Method 4: Verify Integrity of Game Cache
For such weird issues, the Steam client has the Verify Integrity of Game Cache option. This option checks all of the game files and cache then fixes the missing game files, which may be the reason behind the weird errors. In this method, we are utilising this feature to fix the issue of Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup.
- First of all, open the Steam and head over to Library. There, you’ll find the Fallout 4 game. Right click on the Game and click on “Properties”.
- In the Properties, click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Cache” button. The Steam client will check the Game Cache and Game files, which will take few minutes.
- After completion of the Verification of Integration of Game Cache, Restart the computer and then Restart the game. The Fallout 4 will start without any issues now.
Do Read: How to Fix Steam Won’t Open Error in Windows 10
This is how you can fix Fallout 4 Crashing issues with these few easy steps. The issue is little weird, but the solutions are ubiquitous for this error. Follow these methods mentioned above to permanently get rid of fallout crashes on startup error and play the game on your computer. I hope you’ll be able to fix the issue and play the game on Steam with your online gaming buddies. If any of your friends are facing the same issue, then advise them to follow the solutions to get rid of the problem.