The Chrome Browser is one of the best web browser available for users of all operating systems. Even if its the best, it is not perfect. The Operating system or the errors are present in the Web browser, which sometimes makes your browsing experience sluggish. The DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error is one such error, which will ruin your browsing experience by suddenly appearing on your screen.
Fortunately, the dns probe finished bad config error can be fixed within few minutes, and you can quickly surf the web as you were doing before. If you are facing the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error, then you should try the working solutions to fix this error permanently. In this post, I am going to share some working methods, that’ll help you to fix the dns probe finished bad config error within few minutes.
How to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error
The DNS probe finished bad config error pops up when your internet connection is pretty bad, and the ISP is not able to correctly decode the DNS. When the DNS of your ISP is not working correctly, then you’ll face this issue. Here are some steps to help you fix the dns probe finished error within minutes.
Method 1 – Release and Renew IP Address
The Windows IPConfig feature is pretty useful in resolving such issues. In this method, we will release our current IP address and Renew the IP address using the IPConfig feature and Command Prompt.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows + R” key and type “cmd” and press ENTER.
- Now, you’ll see the Command Prompt Window opened on your desktop. In the Command prompt, type following command and Press ENTER.
- This command will release your current IP address. Now it’s time for Renewing the IP address. To do so, type following command and Press ENTER.
- That’s it! Now restart the chrome web browser and try surfing the internet. Most of the times, the issue won’t pop up again.
Do Read: Vulkan Runtime Libraries
Method 2: Flush DNS
If the DNS probe bad config problem is still there even after Releasing and Renewing the IP address, then you should try flushing the DNS from your PC. the Flush DNS command clears the DNS cache of your computer and reloads the new DNS cache from your ISP. If the issue is in DNS cache, then your problem will be fixed after executing this command.
- First of all, you have to open the Command Prompt. To do so, Press “Windows +R” key combination, type “cmd” and press ENTER.
- In the Command Prompt, type following command and press ENTER to flush DNS resolver cache.
- That’s it! Now all you’ve to do is to restart the Chrome browser and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 3: Change DNS Servers to Google DNS
As we’ve already discussed, the Dns bad config issue is caused due to the bad DNS server of your Internet service provider. So, we are going to replace the default servers with Google DNS, which is faster and more reliable than most of the ISP DNS servers. If any of the above methods are not working, then this is your saviour.
- First of all, right-click on the connected network icon on the Taskbar and click “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- In the Network and Sharing centre, click on “Change Adapter Settings” which is located in the left pane.
- In the Adapter Settings, you’ll find your connected networks. Right-click on your connected network and click on “Properties”.
- In the Properties, click on “Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)” and then click on “Properties”.
- Now, you have to enter the Google DNS IP address. Enable the option “use the following DNS server addresses” and enter the following IP Addresses in given space.
- Save the Settings and Restart your Computer to let changes take effect. Now, Open Chrome Browser again and see if DNSprobe finished bad config error has disappeared.
The DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error is very annoying as it disturbs your online works. The problem suddenly appears when you are visiting any website. Well, the dns bad configuration by your ISP is the issue, and the browser tells you about the problem. The methods mentioned in this post are working perfectly, and you can follow any of these methods to fix this issue permanently.
With these methods, you’ll be able to fix DNS probe bad config issue permanently and that too within few minutes. I hope you will follow any of these methods and fix this problem.