The Kik is one of the best messenger apps for Android smartphones. The Kik app gained immense popularity in recent days, thanks to the quick service and exciting set of features. There are almost 200 million active users of Kik messengers, which speaks about its popularity amongst the users. With the kik messenger, the users can communicate with each other and it’s one of the alternatives of the WhatsApp messenger.
But, excessive use of any messenger is pretty frustrating and time-consuming. It reduces your productive time as you are spending too much time chatting with your friends and family members. So, the best option is to delete kik account and start spending time on the productive jobs.
If you decide to delete kik account, then you should know how to do it. In this post, we are going to share best methods that’ll help you to get an answer on How to Delete Kik account. Here are some of the best methods that you’ve to follow to delete your kik account.
How to Delete Kik Account?
There are multiple methods that you can follow to delete your kik account and start spending your time on productive works. Just follow the methods mentioned below and quickly delete your Kik messenger account and start working on your goals or the projects.
Method 1: Reset and Deactivate Kik Account Temporarily
Resetting the Kik App is the first method to delete kik account. When you clear the Kik account chatting history, you are free to do whatever you want to because the chatting history is gone and you don’t have to worry about your private conversations. After clearing the history, you can quickly delete your kik account and ready to spend valuable time on work.
- First of all, open the Kik app on your smartphone by tapping on the “Kik” icon on the home screen or app drawer.
- Once you’ve opened the Kik app, Go to “Settings” to open the option where you’ll have access to the “Reset” button.
- In the Settings, tap on “Your Account” option.
- Now, you’ll see the “Reset Kik Messenger” button. Tap on it to Reset the Kik Messenger.
- Tap “Yes” on the Confirmation message and your Kik Messenger will be reset immediately, you will receive a mail regarding confirmation where you to click on Deactivate button.
That’s how you Reset the Kik account. Now, you are free to delete kik account by uninstalling the app from your smartphone. Although, you can sign in again with the same credentials whenever you want to use the kik app again. This is just the temporary solution for getting away with kik messenger.
Do Read: How to Fix the default gateway is not available in Windows
Method 2: Deactivate Kik Messenger from Web Browser Permanently
The Kik Messenger account can be quickly deactivated from the Web Browser. The kik has created a particular web page for users to disable and permanently delete the kik messenger account. If you are wondering how to permanently delete kik account, then here are the steps to do so.
- First of all, open the Kik Messenger Deactivation page. You can click “Here” to open the Deactivation Page.
- Once opened, Enter the email address you used to sign up for Kik account and click “Go!”.
- Check your Email inbox for the deactivation message. You’ll find the link to deactivate the kik account.
- After clicking the link, your account will be immediately deactivated. Now you are free to Uninstall the Kik Messenger app from your smartphone.
This is how you can permanently delete kik account and uninstall the app from your device.
If you’re wondering how do I delete my kik account, then you’ve got the answer in this post. You can follow the methods mentioned above to permanently delete or temporarily deactivate the kik account. After deleting the account, you won’t be able to receive or send any messages, you won’t receive any emails or communication from Kik, Your friends won’t see you using the kik messenger, and your profile will be permanently removed from the Kik database and that is what we aimed to do.
If you are wasting too much time chatting with your friends using the Kik, then saying Goodbye to it is the best way to get rid of Kik messenger. Just follow the methods we’ve mentioned in this post and get rid of the Kik account and never use the app again unless you want to communicate with your friends. I hope you found this post useful and will carefully follow these methods to delete your kik account.