api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error in Windows is quite common, well not only this error, there many common .DLL errors like msvcp100.dll, vcruntime140.dll. It occurs when you try to launch any program or any game or open any file in Windows 7/8/10, Right? This issue is poping up because your current version of Windows is not up to date. You need to update all the softwares like .NET, Visuall C++, DirectX and many more to fix this issue. In this tutorial we are going to show you how you can easily fix this error in few minutes.
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. This is error one of the silliest errors in Windows which can be resolved within seconds.
Mostly such types of errors occurs in Windows 10. In 2015 when windows 10 update was rolled out there were many bugs and one of them is api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing from your computer. There is nothing to worry about, Windows is throwing this error because the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is missing in that program or file which you are trying to access.
- 1 How to solve api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error in Windows
- 1.1 Method 1: Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 via Windows Update
- 1.2 Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft Official Website
- 1.3 Method 3: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Windows Control Panel
- 2 Final Words
How to solve api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error in Windows
The main reason behind this api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error is due to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Maybe you haven’t yet installed this software or maybe the software is outdated or its corrupted. Well the best way to solve this problem is to re-install the software if it is corrupted or if it is outdated.
We have written 3 method from which you can easily solve up such .DLL errors
Method 1: Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 via Windows Update
- Press Windows button on your keyboard and type Windows Update and press enter or just simply press Windows + I to open Settings and click on Update & Security
- Now your system will open Windows Update Dashboard, there you have to click on Check for updates
- As soon as you click on Check for updates, Windows will start looking for all the updates and after few minutes it will start downloading those updates and other softwares which are necessary for your machine.
- If you are using Windows 10, it will automatically download and install all the updates, but in case of Windows 7 and 8 version you have to manually install those updates by clicking on Install updates.
- Once these updates are installed, Restart your computer and it will start installing all the updates while booting. It will take few minutes to install all these heavy updates.
Method 2: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft Official Website
Well the above didn’t worked out? We have written 2 more methods from which you solve this problem. In this method we are going to download a fresh Visual C++ Redistributable Studio for your system. We have also mentioned Microsoft official links from where you can download, follow the steps below and to fix your issue.
- Go to Microsoft official website to Download Visual Studio C++.
- Click on Download button.
- Select vc_redist.x64.exe or vc_redist.x86.exe based on your operating system compatibility and click on Next.
- Within a second it will start downloading your software and once it gets downloaded, you have to install that .exe file manually
- Once it gets installed, restart your system and then try to launch that program or that file which was throwing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error.
Still you are facing same problem? Try out another method will surely help you to out to get rid of this annoying problem.
Method 3: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Windows Control Panel
The above method didn’t worked for you? Sad, in this method we are going to fix Visual C++ Redistributable software using it own repair tool, follow the steps below to continue.
- Press Windows button and type Control Panel and press enter.
- It will open Control Panel window, in that click on Uninstall Programs
- Now Select Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and click on Change as shown in below image.
- Now click on Repair Option and it will start repairing your programs
- Once this process is done, Now again try to restart your system and check whether this problem still exist or not.
Just follow 3 methods which are mentioned above and it will solve your api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error automatically in no time. Always keep your drivers and windows up to date because everyday Microsoft release new updates which should be compatible to run all your programs and if you fail to do so it starts throwing such errors. If you are having any kind doubts then please comment below and we will try out best to help you out to get rid of such annoying problems.